Friday, September 2, 2011

#1 Blogs from the Web

I found the following fashion blogs when I surfed the net:
1.  What I Wore



I like how Jessica Qurk put this outfit together because she is wearing the mix and match trend by wearing a striped green shirt with a knee length electric blue skirt.  The striped green top shown in this picture is actually a mini dress which is tied at the waist.  I think it is great how creative she was when making the dress into a shirt.  Also, she is most definitely making the most out of her wardrobe!

I enjoy exploring Jessica Qurk Blog for multiple reasons:
1.  If you like one of her outfits, she tells you where she bought all the items.
2.  You can even search by a color and it will bring up different outfits
3.  She has a DIY selection ( do it yourself) where you can make creative things without breaking the bank!

Vanessa's Blog covers a huge range of different topics, from talking about what she purchased for clients, to what fashion trends are celebrities wearing.  Here are some things that I found on her blog that I enjoyed reading.

The first post I read was Vanessa's client outfit featured blog.
 
This client is wearing a romper by Bar III which is a new line from Macy's.  What I have noticed about Vanessa is that she chooses affordable clothing for her clients which I appreciate!

Now, the number one blog I love is Vanessa's product reviews.  My mother always told me how honesty is the key and Vanessa does that so well! This Blue Moon Romper is adorable, BUT it is very short in the back!  So if you have some "junk in the trunk" this romper probably isn't the best choice for you.
Vanessa does show another picture of how short this romper really is on her blog site, so if you wish to see such a site here is the link! http://www.vstyleblog.com/.a/6a00d83548242253ef01538fb60402970b-pi


Kathryn Rodgers, known as Katie, is one of the most creative fashion illustrators.  She has worked with Target, Coach and many more.  For all most every blog, she creates a beautiful image.
The above image was taken from one of her blogs where she talks about how much she likes the trend "color blocking". As you can see, the sandal on the left is real and the one on the right is the one she drew.  The image that she drew was painted using with watercolors! Looking at her artwork has really inspired me!

The image below was also taken from her blog.  The first picture Katie also used watercolors for this picture of Diane Von Furstenberg.  Her inspiration was photographer Jamie Beck. Jamie Beck photographed DVF at the CFDA Fashion Awards at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center in New York.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment