Wednesday, September 21, 2011

#3 New York Times

Michael Kors Spring 2012
Safari


This is what I have collected from reading Eric Wilsons Blog about Michael Kors: Poor Man's Safari.


Trend: Safari
Silhouettes: Sweaters, Shift Dresses, Trench Coats and Desert Boots with open- toe
Colors: Animal prints
Design/ Detail: Torn, Ripped, Sewn in Crude patchwork's and Holes
Fabric: Burlap and Cashmere
"Jargon": " Just dirty- looking", "Hillbillies on Safari", "Show was in a way about Africa", Kors mentioned about "the Rustic Modernism of the Lebombo Lodge."

Below is a link on his View




In my opinion, Eric Wilsons view’s on Michael Kors collection is over exaggerated and a bit harsh.  Yes, we have all seen this trend before.  If you are into the Real Housewives of Jersey as I am, I feel like this whole animal print theme kicked off when Teresa and her little girls started wearing it about a year or so ago.  Now, everyone has had at least one item in their closet that relates to animal print.  If you don’t, have no fear.  Almost every retailer is carrying this trend for fall 2011.  Anyways, back to my thoughts on his collection -  I believe this “safari”  look should be left in Africa and shouldn’t have been on the runway for his spring 2012 collection.  You are now thinking that I am the one being harsh, but I’m going to be sick of this trend by the end of winter.  On the positive side, I did enjoy some of his clothes that were featured on the runway.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with your post. Animal print has been going on for too long now and needs to be put to rest. Shows like the Real Housewife's put too much popularity into this print.

    ReplyDelete