Monday, September 10, 2012

Photographs turned into an Illustration Creation




One day when I was at my family’s beach house, I decided to challenge myself and try something I haven’t tried before using Illustrator CS5. Since I have never recreated a photograph into a graphic image I thought it was best to start with a picture of myself. The graphic of me took about seven hours. After I finished it, I looked at it….thought, “hey, this actually looks pretty cool”. I showed my family and started to work on a second graphic image of my dog. In the past, we had gotten two hand drawings of my dog by artists at local events. At the end, they didn’t look like him so I knew that this would mean a lot to my family and me. I currently have this graphic photo of my dog on my background on my iPhone. The last drawing was done for my grandparent’s 64th Wedding anniversary. This black and white photo was a huge challenge but I ended up finishing it within two days and putting it in a frame to give to my grandparents. They 
were thrilled and amazed!

This challenge was a success and I’m very happy with how these turned out, especially since I originally learned how to use Illustrator for creating flat sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment